Meeting Minutes (04/20/16)
United Democratic Club Board Meeting Minutes
Meeting called to order at 7:05 pm by President Justin Jones.
- Justin Jones, President
- Laura Clark, VP of Political Action
- Derek Remski, VP of Member Engagement
- Mick Del Rosario, VP of Events
- Andrew Sinn, VP of Finance
- Derek Jansen, Policy and Procedures Director
- Sergio Klor de Alva, Internal Communications Director
- Madison Alexander, Youth Leadership Director
- Matt Goyne, Appointment Director
- Sean Ansted, Field Director
- Alex Lazar, Field Director
- Kia Kolderup-Lane, Philanthropy Director
- Jeff Hoover, Policy Director
- Tim Bauman, Membership Director
- Corey Smith, Media Director
- David Aldridge, Marketing Director
- Frankie Arias, Events Director
- Katie Mackenzie, Programs Director
- Sarah Starling, Social Director
- Derek Lee, Compliance Director
- Jay Cheng, VP of Leadership Development
- Christine Oneto, VP of Communications
- Nima Rahimi, Fundraising Director
- Jess Montejano, Political Staff Director
- Ken Cleaveland, Elected Leadership Director
- Leah Pimentel, Social Media Director
- Chris Corgas, Email and Website Director
Internal Secretary Opening Remarks
- Review of previous board votes
- No minutes to approve
- Discussion on Chron article
- Discussion on Lyft rideshare reforms.
- Policy Director Jeff Hoover urges to support legislation.
- Motion by Derek Remski to Table this discussion.
- Resolved: Motion carried by acclamation.
Policy and Procedures Manual
- Every member has responsibility to put details of their job duties into Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Committee will report findings at next board meeting.
- Shooting short videos with every candidate that we endorse.
- Will be putting out slate card with our endorsements.
- Membership dues set at $20 per year.
- Endorsement voting going live on 4/21/16.
- May 11th: 10-1:30 charity event for Generation Citizen. At least 10 UDC members should go. Memorial Grove event coming up as well.
- Google calendar will be set up on website so people can sign up for philanthropic and political events.
- Invite friends to Like club on Facebook and Twitter. Need to start tweeting.
- “Politics for Busy People” designed as recruitment tool and piece of information. Trying to do podcasts as well. Goal is to be informative.
- Guest bartending event: 46 people attended (9 elected officials/candidates) and around $600 raised.
- Upcoming Events:
- May 24th: UDC Book Club event.
- June 2nd: Panel — fun and interactive way to introduce folks to local politics.
- August 15th: UDC speaker event.
- Club in solid financial state.
- We need new program for closed forum messaging between board members, such as Asana or Slack.
- BCC folks and then Internal Communications Director will send out email to board with members’ votes.
- New club emails for elected board positions.
Meeting adjourned at 8:25 pm by President Justin Jones.